Roberts Carroll Feldstein & Peirce’s Banking Group offers a comprehensive, industry-focused platform of proven experience, committed professionals and exceptional service at a reasonable cost to institutional, business and individual clients. For over 40 years, attorneys in our Banking Group have represented virtually every financial institution conducting commercial transactions in Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts and have served as loan counsel to businesses of all sizes and individuals who require financing for their various needs and endeavors.
The Banking Group combines the experience and skills of relevant practices across the firm, creating a team of seasoned attorneys with expertise in commercial lending, tax-exempt financing, business acquisitions, construction loans, refinances, and simple and complex real estate and asset-based lending transactions.
We offer a breadth of knowledge and experience in matters of restructuring, workout, foreclosure, receivership, and bankruptcy collection and debtor and creditor rights. We also provide commercial litigation services. Our experienced and aggressive litigators bring a long and successful history and protect our client’s interests.
Whether representing a community bank in a major refinancing, helping a growing business expand its operations, or a restructuring of a borrowing relationship, our Banking Group enjoys longevity and continued growth because we become our client’s business partner as well as legal counsel. Our goal is to consistently offer value as defined by our clients – proven experience, committed professionals and exceptional service at a reasonable cost.
Representative Banking Clients
Clients of the Banking Group include:
- Financial Institutions
- Quasi-Governmental Agencies
- Small Businesses and Individual Business Owners
- Private Lenders
- Representing a lender in a $45,000,000 commercial lending participation.
- Representing a lender in lending facilities totaling over $50,000,000.
- Closed over 130 commercial transactions in 2016.
- Closed several of SBA loans.
- Successfully negotiated and drafted early stage capital raises for clients in a variety of industries.
- Secured the dismissal of a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy petition, on behalf of a secured creditor, after an evidentiary hearing determining that the debtor's plan of reorganization was not feasible.
- Obtained injunction on behalf of client bank, compelling fraudulent transferee of construction equipment to surrender it to bank, and conducted secured party sale of the equipment.
- Briefed and argued successful motion preserving the priority of client's mortgages over competing mechanic's lien claimants.