The attorneys on Roberts, Carroll, Feldstein & Peirce’s Business & Corporate team, represent individuals and businesses – ranging from small start-ups, to generations old family-owned businesses to large companies. Our clients look to us as trusted advisors in major transactions, as well as for timely, well-informed advice on day-to-day operational issues.
For over 40 years, our Business & Corporate attorneys have provided responsive and practical advice to companies of all sizes. Our team takes the time to get know each client’s operations and their place in the market. That approach allows us to provide creative and common sense solutions, quickly and conscientiously, at competitive rates.
In addition to counseling for-profit businesses, we also advise several non-profit and charitable corporations and foundations.
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of student housing complexes throughout the country and the development of leases that complied with each locality’s landlord tenant statutes.
- Negotiated an agreement between a Rhode Island based distributor and a publicly traded, multi-national medical device provider.
- Represented the owners of a marine-related business in connection with the sale of the business to a major multi-national corporation.
- Negotiated and closed client’s purchase of the assets of software company including due diligence, preparation of the letter of intent, drafting of the asset purchase agreement and all agreements transferring the seller’s intellectual property to the firm’s client.
- Served as outside counsel for social networking company. Guided the company through maze of intellectual property protections and drafted its product licensing agreements, provider service agreements, independent contractor and employee agreements. Secured trademark, copyright and other intellectual property protections and drafted site terms of service and privacy policies.