March 16, 2020
To our valued clients and business partners:
As with most businesses in areas affected by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, RCF&P is implementing plans to continue serving our clients without interruption. However, recognizing the importance of social distancing, and in order to protect the health and safety of our team, their families, and the wider public at large, we are implementing a “work from home” policy.
As a result, beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020, and continuing indefinitely, most RCF&P employees will begin working remotely. Key features of this policy are as follows:
• All employees have remote access to their computers as if they were in the office, and will be checking e-mail regularly.
• The best way to reach an RCF&P employee by phone is to call the main line of (401) 521-7000 during normal business hours. You will be greeted by a receptionist as usual, who will connect you to the person you seek, even if that person is working remotely.
• Except for certain emergencies, all Rhode Island courts have suspended hearings at least for the week of March 16-20, 2020. Beyond that, many courts are implementing procedures for remote telephonic hearings and conferences. In any event, all deadlines, appearances, and other obligations will be met.
• We are working to minimize the need for in-office meetings, closings, depositions, and travel. Many of these events will be replaced by teleconference or video conference where feasible.
• A select few employees will staff the office on a daily basis to deal with postal mail and other essential operations. (And those few employees in the office will be observing appropriate isolation practices).
We continue to monitor developments and will be ready to adapt to any new guidance issued by the courts, and other city, state, and federal authorities, as they occur.
While we strive to maintain a high level of client service, some responses may be slower than normal due to these changes. Please rest assured that we are working hard on your behalf, and we appreciate your continued loyalty during this time of uncertainty.