Roberts Carroll Feldstein & Peirce's labor and employment team provides our clients with the practical solutions they need, when they need them. We advise our clients of their rights and responsibilities so they can avoid the expense and aggravation of litigation. We review handbooks and employment contracts and counsel clients on everything from day to day matters to major changes in operations. Because there are some problems that no amount of care and counseling can fix, we are also tenacious and innovative litigators. We have handled hundreds of labor arbitration matters, wage and hour claims and employment discrimination cases and prevailed in the vast majority of them.
- Secured dismissal of Charge of Discrimination from Rhode Island Commission for Human Rights filed against small business owner by disgruntled former employee.
- Authored amicus curiae brief to the Rhode Island Supreme on behalf American Arbitration Association concerning unauthorized practice of law in context of labor arbitration.
- Prevailed before Rhode Island State Labor Relations Board in unfair labor practice complaint arising out of municipality’s use of non-bargaining unit workers at animal shelter.
- Prevailed in labor arbitration challenging municipality’s subcontracting of custodial services.
Presentations Or Publications
- Social Networking and Its Impact on Labor Management Relations, Presentation to John H. Fanning Conference on Labor-Management Relations, Providence College, Quirk Institute, June 2011
- Rights & Responsibilities of Employees and Employers: Social Media in the Workplace, Presentation to Rhode Island Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2011
- Ensuring I-9 Compliance, RCFP Employment Law Bulletin, April 2011
- When should an employee who commits a terminable offense, not be terminated? Presentation to Schmidt Labor Research Center’s Annual Labor Arbitration Conference, October 2010
- Employment Discrimination Update 2010 – Religious Discrimination in the Workplace – Accommodating Employees’ Religious Views, Presentation to RI Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2010
- Recent Rhode Island State Court Decisions related to Labor and Employment Issues with John Breguet, St. Peter & Kasle, URI Labor and Employment Conference, May 2010 New FMLA regulations necessitate review of FMLA policies and procedures, RCFP Employment Law Bulletin, July 2009
- The ADA: Supreme Court Restrictions Rebuffed by Congress, Presentation to Annual Meeting of Rhode Island Bar Association, June 2009