Roberts Carroll Feldstein & Peirce's Commercial Litigation team counsels our business clients on how to avoid lawsuits when possible. At the same time, our attorneys have earned a well-deserved reputation as tenacious litigators in the courtroom.
Our approach to litigation serves to minimize expense and facilitate communication, while affording our clients the advantage of always having a team of seasoned, aggressive litigators at their disposal. We begin by providing our clients with practical advice. We prepare a case efficiently and effectively. We prepare our clients for the rigors of litigation. And we successfully try cases to juries and judges.
We also have the experience to resolve disputes outside the courtroom and we do so cost-effectively. Our well-known ability and willingness to try cases helps us to resolve matters advantageously for our clients in mediation and through other alternative dispute mechanisms.
- Successfully defended arbitration matter involving claims for breach of contract and breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, where damages were alleged in excess of $4,000,000.00.
- Represented client title insurer in case involving misappropriated funds from real estate refinance transaction, investigated bank records to trace disposition of funds, and negotiated return of substantial portion of funds from transferee.
- In the spring of 2011, successfully defended an accountant in a lengthy jury trial in which the plaintiff claimed that he lost his business because of an employee's embezzlement and had suffered millions of dollars in damages as a result.
- Obtained a substantial verdict from a jury for a group of physicians in their lawsuit against a larger health insurer.
- Attached the insurance receivables of a medical practice against whom our client, a former employee, had obtained a sizeable judgment.
- Obtained a defense verdict for client in toxic mold litigation while prevailing on the client’s breach of contract counterclaim.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a psychiatrist and his practice in a case involving libel, slander and Anti-SLAPP issues.